Skip to content

WordPress plugin: Banner Generator 0.6.4

WordPress plugin page.

The idea of the plugin is very simple. It generates banner with your blog name and last posts title.

Default style

Default style

Style is completely customizable. You can change text font, size, color and position, background color, border and round corners or use your own background image(bg.png). Now you can even use your own logo instead of a blog title.

My banner

My banner

Installation:

• Make sure there is “gd” plugin for php on your server
  • Download Banner Generator
  • Extract the zipped file to your plugins directory
  • Make shure your upload folder is set and writable
  • Load your plugins page from the WordPress admin section and click “Activate” to enable the bGen plugin
  • Edit bGen settings under “Settings” menu
  • Enjoy
Enhanced by Zemanta

Posted in digital world.

Tagged with , , , , , , .

75 Responses

1. black friday says

Great post. thank for this share. I like tis and agree with you :)

2. Oreille malade says

Hi !
    This is a great work :-)
    But I’ve got a major issue with this plug-in as I can’t configure it… If I try to I get this error message :
    “Fatal error: Call to undefined function: array_intersect_key() in /homez.131/oreillemh/www/wp-content/plugins/banner-generator/banner-generator.php on line 251″
    Could you help me ?
    Best Regards

3. hamax says

This function wants PHP 5 >= 5.1.0 installed on the server. You can ask your administrator to upgrade the server, or more realistic, wait for a few days and I’ll try to find a workaround.
    I didn’t work on that project for a while so I can’t give you a guarantee :)

4. hamax says

Fix was quite easy, so I did it right away.
    I don’t have this version of php on my server, so I can’t be sure it’s working.
    Please try version from trunk and report.

Thanks for bug report.

5. Oreille malade says

That’s what I call a fast fix :P
    I’ve just tried and I think it works perfectly… Thanks a lot !

6. Alex says

Can’t wait to see more features! Maybe blinking… etc… GREAT Plugin though!

7. Alex says

Can’t wait to see more features! Maybe blinking… etc… GREAT Plugin though! How do I put more than one on?

8. hamax says

It’d be almost impossible for now.
    I’ll think about adding this features, but it’d be a major change in design, so… maybe.

9. Anders Hasle says

Great plugin. I will use it in my blog.

10. The Mortgage Guy says

I love the concept but I have one problem with this unless I just haven’t figured out how to do it yet. When you click on the banner it only links to the homepage, not the actual latest post that it advertises. I am running a custom homepage so I need the banner to point to the actual recent blog post. Any way to accommodate this?

11. The Mortgage Guy says

Okay, I figured out the obvious question I asked earlier! Since I’m using a static homepage, does anyone know how to link to the “newest post” on a wordpress page? I have it linking to the blog page but it would be perfect if it linked to the exact post. Thanks!

12. hamax says

That could be quite complicated, because the url of the last post is different every time.
    It is possible to write a script that gets the url of the last post and redirects you there, but … I don’t know. Maybe you can find a plugin that can do something like that.

13. Bruce says

It’d be almost impossible for now.

14. Andrew says

It is great plug in. Thank you

15. Josep says

Great plugin. I will use it in my blog, many thanks for sharing

16. Jason says

How do you use this plugin exactly? I am trying to get it to work, but it is not generating an image for me.

17. hajra says

Its been two days and 100 tries and havent managed to get this thing to work in my wordpress blog. Can you please tell me how to fix this: Help

Warning: imagepng() [function.imagepng]: Unable to open ‘/banner.png’ for writing: Permission denied in /home/www/orangeclouds.co.uk/wp-content/plugins/banner-generator/banner-generator.php on line 126

18. James says

I’m running into the same issue. I love the idea behind the plugin… any ideas?

19. Trampolines With Enclosures says

My developer is trying to persuade me to move to .net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the costs. But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using Movable-type on various websites for about a year and am concerned about switching to another platform. I have heard fantastic things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can import all my wordpress posts into it? Any help would be really appreciated!

20. Doug Brun says

Pretty cool plugin, it made it easy to make quick banner to cross promote my sites, simple but effective thanks

21. Jim says

I have one site running this and bgen writes to upload directory, but in new installation it wants to write to root directory and fails with:

What changed?

22. hamax says

Hi Jim,
    I’m not really sure. Can you check the upload folder destination setting in “Settings -> media -> Store uploads in this folder” (it should be set to something like “wp-content/uploads”).

I haven’t touched this plugin in more then a year, so I can’t make any promises, but I’ll look into it.

23. Jim says

Yes the default directory is correct, but your plugin says it is in http://kandledepot.com//banner.png (the root) which it is NOT there.

In an older install which was updated after your plugin, the directory is correct. Only the newer installs are screwed up. :(

24. Jim says

Sorry hamax I fixed it. Even though wp-content/uploads was the default I noticed on the site that was working I had typed the same into the box. Typed it in the Kandle Depot site and now it is working. Thanks for getting my brain working :)

25. hamax says

Oh yeah, I remember now. I wanted to fix this bug a long time ago but could find my password for wp.org site.

Maybe I’ll do it now (edit: I fixed it.) :)

I’m glad you solve the problem.

1 2

Some HTML is OK

or, reply to this post via trackback.